Overview - BANKING MATH SOFTWARE SITE LICENSE (25 USERS)
Banking Math Software, like the popular print version, uses everyday events to teach middle and high school students basic math concepts and banking skills. One hundred stories walk the students through realistic events such as receiving a paycheck and going to the movies.
Students use math strategies to solve the problem and then complete a banking transaction. Two levels of play make the program appropriate for students of varying ability levels. Instructional help is available for students as needed. The narrator also reinforces concepts, such as how to set up a math problem, when students make mistakes.
How the Program Works
Students complete an eight-step process to solve each word problem. The steps include:
• following along as the narrator reads the word problem
• marking out unnecessary information
• highlighting important information
• choosing the correct math operation
• setting up the math problem
• solving the math problem
• completing the banking transaction
• recording the transaction in a check register
Mac OS 9/OS X/Mac-Intel