Overview - AGS HIST OF OUR NATION: BEGIN-1920 TEACHER EDITION
The History of Our Nation series breaks the subject into two easy-to-read parts, giving more options for curriculum planning. Offers document-based readings and questions to build reading skills. Each text enhances learning with colorful illustrations, photos, maps, timelines, charts, and graphs. The program is designed to develop critical-thinking, vocabulary, writing, and test-taking skills, and includes hundreds of activities on the Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
This two-part United States history course offers text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability.The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
History of Our Nation: Beginnings to 1920 covers United States history through the First World War. This chronological text examines individuals and groups that shaped our country, including the first native people. The text presents stories of early explorers, colonists, slaves, soldiers, immigrants, and politicians.
History of Our Nation: 1865 to the Present provides a close-up view of the major events and players that influenced United States history during the later years. Often characterized by hardship and unrest, these periods capture students' imaginations. Students learn all about the great move west, the Industrial Revolution, the United States' involvement in two world wars, the Depression, social movements toward equality and justice, and more.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Audio CD Library - of the Student Text accommodates the auditory learner, assists reluctant readers, and provides reinforcement.
• Great Review Game CD-ROM - a computer game designed to reinforce each chapter and provide additional support and motivation for learning.
• Teacher's Edition - includes the complete Student Text with teaching suggestions, lesson overviews, tips on learning styles, and a variety of activities.tips.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Skill Track Software - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP