Overview - AGS ALGEBRA 2 TEACHER RESOURCE LIBRARY CD-ROM
AGS Mathematics series offers text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability. Includes full-color photos, illustrations, and examples throughout.
The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
AGS Mathematics Series
PRE-ALGEBRA Help students make a smooth transition from basic math to algebra. Content is written for the needs of the beginning algebra student. Provides students with the tools and the confidence they need to reach new levels in mathematics and to succeedin algebra. Covers decimals, fractions, integers, graphing, percents, geometry, and more.
ALGEBRA Provide students with all of the concepts and skills they need to succeed in a first-year algebra course. Correlated to NCTM Standards, the content provides students of all abilities with essential preparation in problem solving, calculator usage, and application lessons that demonstrate how algebra is integrated with related content areas such as geometry, probability, and statistics.
GEOMETRY Lead students to investigate the world of planes and solids with this text. Content goes beyond the basics of geometry to explore geometric solids, triangles, the Pythagorean Theorem, quadratic equations, length, area, and volume. Offers short, lively lessons that students can grasp easily. Calculator Practice exercises make use of the special features of graphing calculators. Students also learn to apply geometry to situations in their own lives.
ALGEBRA 2 Allow low-level learners to apply intermediate-level algebra concepts to everyday problems. Covers several methods for solving quadratic equations, such as factoring, completing the square, and graphing. The text also introduces trigonometry and exponential functions, which are vital concepts for real-world applications.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Great Review Game CD-ROM - a computer game designed to reinforce each chapter and provide additional support and motivation for learning.
• Teacher's Edition - includes the complete Student Text with teaching suggestions, lesson overviews, tips on learning styles, and a variety of activities.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Solutions Key on CD-ROM - easy-to-use electronic format of the text problems and solutions.
• Skill Track Software - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP