Overview - AGS EARTH SCIENCE TEACHER RESOURCE LIBRARY CD-ROM
Accessible Curriculum Solutions of Core Science Skills for Struggling Students.
Use AGS Science comprehensive programs to provide instruction in essential science skills. The full-color, easy-to-read texts include photographs, illustrations, vocabulary support, and high-interest lessons to make the content accessible to all students. The short, manageable segments and support help students successfully meet curriculum requirements. Reading Level 3.0-4.0.
These science curriculums offer text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability.The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
BIOLOGY Appeals to reluctant readers and those who require additional help to grasp basic biological and life science concepts. Comprehensive program covers classification and organization of living things; patterns of reproduction, growth, and development; bacteria, protists, and fungi; plants; human body systems; healthy choices; genetics; ecology; the behavior of organisms; evolution; and more. Offers overviews and details about core concepts. Includes short, high-interest lessons. Aligns with state and national standards.
EARTH SCIENCE Captures students' attention with hands-on activities that enrich the learning experience and help students apply skills to everyday life. Covers the earth, moon, and solar system; stars and galaxies; minerals and rocks; weather, climate, and the earth's atmosphere; weathering and erosion; forces in the earth; and more. Includes short, concise lessons, controlled vocabulary and definitions of key vocabulary, lesson objectives, and test-taking tips. Aligns with state and national standards.
PHYSICAL SCIENCE Allows students to explore and understand the world around them. Teaches students the metric system, the properties of matter, elements, compounds, how matter changes, motion, work and machines, heat, sound and light, electricity, and magnets and electromagnetism. Students reading significantly below grade level gain practice in working with data and sharpen their abilities to infer, classify, and theorize. Includes high-interest graphics, comprehensive chapter summaries, review exercises, and test-taking tips. Hands-on activities help students apply skills to everyday life. Aligns with state and national standards.
GENERAL SCIENCE Offers a comprehensive, systematic overview of key scientific concepts. Ideal for students who require extra attention or need additional assistance. Fundamental concepts are presented in easily manageable segments. Content covers Physical Science, Earth Science, Life Science, and The Human Body.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Lab Manual - offers a hands-on laboratory program correlated to each chapter that turns abstract theory into concrete action.
• Audiocassette Library - of the Student Text accommodates the auditory learner, assists reluctant readers, and provides reinforcement.
• Teacher's Edition - includes the complete Student Text with teaching suggestions, lesson overviews, tips on learning styles, and a variety of activities.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Skill Track Software - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
• Teaching Strategies Transparencies - graphic organizers that help explain concepts in a meaningful, visual way; includes instruction book and blackline masters.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP