Overview - THE BIGG FAMILY BOOK
Build Reading Comprehension Skills & Teach Character Building Lessons.
Bugg Books Readers and Curriculum Series is written for beginning, struggling, and reluctant readers in Grades K-5. These colorful 32-page books instill a lifelong love of reading and teach important life lessons. Stephen Cosgrove, author of the beloved SerendipityT Books, has created a group of delightful characters that resonate with today's students. Students build vocabulary and comprehension skills as they read these books and complete curriculum activities. To model expression and fluency, the author has recorded each story on a read-along cassette.
Magical Stories & Illustrations
The imaginative writing style and incredibly detailed illustrations pull young readers into the stories. A fourline rhyme at the end of each book reinforces the lesson and is fun to memorize.
Bugg Book Curriculum Sets
A curriculum binder is available for each set of six books. Each binder includes reading and character ed activities, a glossary of key words, reproducible activity sheets, a parent letter, and a take-home mini-book for each story in the set.
Bugg Book Sets
Set includes six books each.
• Variety Pack includes one copy of each title in either Set 1, 2, or 3.
• 6-Pack includes six copies of a single title.
• Classroom Set includes 36 books (six copies of each title in Set 1, 2, or 3) and the corresponding curriculum.
Buggs More-Than-Small Town Poster
Bring the stories to life with the Bugg Books poster-size map of the land of More-Than-Small. This colorfully detailed map shows the places mentioned in the stories. Several activities in the curriculum also reference this map.
Bugg Book Back-Packs
Students can carry a complete Bugg Books set (6 books and 6 tapes) in this colorful,
see-through plastic backpack. Makes organizing and storing the Bugg Books simple, and transfering them from bookshelf to reading table easy. Sold individually or in a set of 10.
Set 1 Titles And Lessons
• The Bigg Family (Getting Along With Others)
• Shrugg LaBugg (Learning to Share)
• Melody Moth (Practice Makes Perfect)
• Big "Bubba" Bigg, Jr. (Dealing With Bullies)
• Bee Double Bopp (Respecting Others)
• Flynn "Flea" Flicker (Sticking to the Truth)
Set 2 Titles And Lessons
• Snugg N. Flitter (Facing Your Fears)
• Katy Didd Bigg (Standing Up for Yourself)
• Hickory B. Hopp (Paying Attention)
• Mizz Buggly (Doing Your Best)
• The Bugglar Brothers (Consequences of Stealing)
• Cricket Clickett (Finding Your Talents)
Set 3 Titles And Lessons
• Cooty-Doo LaKlunk (Being Proud of Your Parents)
• T. Abigail Tickle (The Trouble With Tattling)
• M. Boogie Blue (Saying "No" to Drugs)
• Coach Popp Fly (Setting Priorities)
• L. Tiny Tea (Believing in Yourself)
• Smiggy Weevil (Controlling Your Anger)