Overview - AGS EXPLORING LITERATURE STUDENT WORKBOOK
Appeal to students with these colorful, engaging texts.
AGS Literature series text has been created to focus students' attention. A wide range of literary works engage imaginations and take students to past times all over the world. The clear, easy-to-use lessons and vibrant, illustrated stories will help enrich students' understanding of literature.
Each course offers text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability.The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
Exploring Literature Students will begin to appreciate a wider scope of literary works. Text includes a full range of selections to draw readers in, from fables, myths, tall tales, and legends to short stories, nonfiction, poetry, and drama. Students experience the works of classic and contemporary authors, including Mark Twain, Gwendolyn Brooks, W. W. Jacobs, Shakespeare, Yoshiko Uchida, and other respected American and international authors.
American Literature Give students a broad perspective on the rich literary heritage of the United States with its wide-range collection of multicultural, traditional, and nontraditional literary works. Captures more than 400 years of America's literary history and also includes some of the country's most contemporary authors.
World Literature Clear, focused lessons give students the opportunity to explore the works of culturally diverse writers from around the globe. Complete works and excerpts are carefully chosen to appeal to students and enrich their understanding of a variety of literary genres. Text and strong support materials enhance students' understanding of literature from Chinese and Haitian folktales to expressionist drama and humor.
British Literature Includes over 70 selections with some of the best works of British authors. Students explore the writings of Shakespeare, Geoffrey Chaucer, Jonathan Swift, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, George Orwell, and others. Text encompasses a wide range of genres from classic to contemporary writing. Presents excerpts from novels, as well as plays, short stories, poetry, speeches, essays, and other works. Students learn how writers use rhyme, figures of speech, personification, metaphor, satire, hyperbole, and other techniques to bring their words to life.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Vocabulary Workbook - reinforces vocabulary through practice exercises.
• Building Language Arts Skills Workbook - gives students additional before- and after- reading activities that foster learning and language skills.
• Audio CD Library - of the Student Text accommodates the auditory learner, assists reluctant readers, and provides reinforcement.
• Teacher's Answer Edition - provides accessible answers and teaching suggestions right on the student pages, point-of-use support, and ESL tips.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Skill Track Software - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP