Overview - THEME PARK MATH SOFTWARE SINGLE CD
Theme Park Math Sotware, by Marcy Griggs, uses a theme-park setting with jazzy music and fun animation that will capture students' attention. Students learn basic skills of addition and subtraction while engaging in these exciting and
motivating games and activities. Program is perfect for struggling and on-level students who have already been introduced to addition and subtraction but still need practice.
The program begins by showing a map of a theme park with two areas, one for addition and the other for subtraction. Four games or rides are in each area. Students must successfully complete three games or rides in each area before proceeding to the final review area, the Fun House in addition or Pirates' Cove in subtraction. Either of these destinations can be used as an assessment. Skills are based on current research as well as state and national standards for addition and subtraction.
• Water Rapids: One-digit addition.
• Go-Carts: Two-digit addition without regrouping.
• Roll-In-One: Two-digit addition with regrouping.
• Fun House Review: One- and two-digit addition with and without regrouping.
• Jump Shot: One-digit subtraction.
• Roller Coaster: Two-digit subtraction without regrouping.
• Bumper Cars: Two-digit subtraction with regrouping.
• Pirates' Cove Review: One- and two-digit subtraction with and without regrouping.
Students click on the correct answers for all practice activities. They use the keyboard to answer review questions. Assessments are provided to monitor students' progress.
Mac: OS 9/OS X/Mac-Intel (Rosetta)