Overview - TOUCHMATH-SECOND GRADE STORY PROBLEMS KIT
TOUCHMATH is a multisensory approach to teaching math in which students interact with numbers on paper by seeing, saying, hearing and touching numbers as they arrive at the right answers without guessing. Teaches math facts by using auditory reinforcement, flashcards, and timed tests.
These are the kits PCI has in stock:
• Readiness Kit: Classification; spatial relationships; basic sets; comparative thinking; matching; same/different; more/less; 1 to 1 correspondence.
• Counting Kit: Counting 1-20; number recognition; TouchPoint patterns; writing numerals 1-20; sets; ordering numbers; 1 tocorrespondence.
• Addition Kit: TouchPoint patterns; addition sums to 18; 1 to 1 correspondence; addition with pictures, TouchPoints, and no cues.
• Story Problems Kit: Relating words and numbers; addition story problems; subtraction story problems; two-step word problems.
• General Math Kit: Time; money; shapes; sizes; fractions; patterning; days/months.
• Subtraction Kit: TouchPoint placement; subtraction facts; double-digit subtraction; missing numbers; number families; place value.
• Addition Kit: Review TouchPoint placement; single-digit through three-digit addition; regrouping; long column addition; place value to 999.
• Subtraction Kit: TouchPoint placement; single-digit through three-digit subtraction; regrouping; place value to 999.
• Story Problems Kit: Key words; relevant/irrelevant information; mixed addition and subtraction; two-step problems; writing problems; group solving.