Overview - AGS LANG ARTS & LIT-COURSE 1 INCLUSION CLASS SET
AGS Language Arts and Literature series is a three-course program is ideal for middle school students struggling with reading. The original, unadapted literature selections provide students with the same on-grade level skills and strategies as other literature programs with support on a lower reading level to ensure student understanding. Texts introduce a single literary genre at a time so that students can focus their learning. Courses also cover essential language arts skills, including reading, writing, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, speaking, and listening.
These courses offer text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability.The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
Course 1 (Grade 6)
Includes literature from authors such as Julia Alvarez, Jack London, Toshio Mori, William Wordsworth, Susan Nanus, and Rudyard Kipling. The literary genres covered are Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, and Themes in Folk Literature.
Course 2 (Grade 7)
Includes literature from authors such as Cynthia Rylant, Sinclair Lewis, Barbara Jordan, and Walt Whitman. The literary genres covered are Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, and Themes in the Oral Tradition.
Course 3 (Grade 8)
Includes literature from authors such as Alice Walker, Jack London, Langston Hughes, Jackie Torrence, and Edgar Allen Poe. The literary genres covered are Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, and Themes in American Literature.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Digital Student Text - provides a text-to-speech Student Text that includes additional features such as note-taking, highlighting, and tracking.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Vocabulary Workbook - reinforces vocabulary through practice exercises.
• Building Language Arts Skills Workbook - gives students additional before- and after- reading activities that foster learning and language skills.
• Audio Library on Playaway Device - portable, compact, easy-to-use digital audio book contains the Student Text word for word. Comes with a speaker docking station similar to those used with MP3 players.
• Teacher's Answer Edition - provides accessible answers and teaching suggestions right on the student pages, point-of-use support, and ESL tips.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Skill Track Software Site License - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP