Overview - AGS WORLD GEOGRAPHY & CULTURE STUDENT WORKBOOK
AGS Social Studies series offers text that is high-interest, low-readability, which makes it easy to engage students who struggle with reading, language, or a learning disability. Throughout, students are encouraged to relate the topics to their own lives using the colorful graphics, charts, biographies, vocabulary, and study tips that motivate learning.
The students who would benefit from these textbooks are those who:
• divide their time between regular classrooms and sheltered environments.
• read below grade level.
• need dedicated support to make lessons understandable.
• may move directly to work or transition programs.
United States History Provides complete historical coverage, from the earliest days to the 2004 presidential election. Organized chronologically, the book brings history to life for students. This edition includes new documents and appendixes for study, such as Washington's Farewell Address and the Emancipation Proclamation. Includes sidebars that allow students to make important connections between historical events and civics, economics, technology, and geography.
United States Government Explores the origins and development of our government, the history of political parties, and branches of government. Covers in detail topics of voting, results of the 2004 election, foreign policy, terrorism, economics, and the media's role.
World History Covers 8,000 years, from the beginning of human society to contemporary times. The easy-to-follow format encourages students to read and gain more understanding about the world in which they live.
World Geography & Cultures Offers a unique, integrated approach to world geography. The easy-to-read lessons let students explore the diverse physical geography, people, environments, cultures, politics, and economies of the world.
Curriculum Class Set - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, & 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM.
Inclusion Class Set - includes: 3 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & 1 Student Workbook.
Curriculum Class Set & Skill Track Software Site License - includes: 10 Student Texts, 1 Teacher's Edition, 1 Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM, & Skill Track Software Site License.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS (sold separately)
• Student Text - builds students' knowledge in critical content areas with accessible reading levels and a research-based instructional design.
• Student Workbook - extends and reinforces textbook concepts through practice exercises.
• Audio CD Library - (for United States History and United States Government) contains all of the Student Text to accommodate the auditory learner, assists reluctant readers, and provides reinforcement.
• Audio Library on Playaway Device - (for World History and World Geography & Cultures) contains all of the Student Text to accommodate the auditory learner. Comes with a speaker docking station similar to those used with MP3 players.
• Great Review Game CD-ROM - a computer game designed to reinforce each chapter and provide additional support and motivation for learning.
• Teacher's Edition - includes the complete Student Text with teaching suggestions, lesson overviews, tips on learning styles, and a variety of activities.
• Teacher's Resource Library CD-ROM - offers hundreds of activities, the Student Workbook, a Self-Study Guide for students who want to work at their own pace, two forms of chapter tests, plus midterm and final tests.
• Skill Track Software - includes hundreds of multiple choice items relating to the textbook's content and provides group and individual reports for monitoring student progress.
System Requirements for CD-ROMs and Software:
Acrobat Reader 4 or 5 - requires 8MB RAM or 64MB RAM, respectively, to install from resource cd. This step may not be necessary if Acrobat Reader 4 is currently installed on your computer.
Windows - 98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP