Overview - READERS HANDBOOK STUDENT APP BOOK GR 6
NEW! Build reading comprehension skills.
Reader's Handbook covers everything students need to become competent, active readers across all subject areas. This standards-based handbook helps them become better readers by building essential reading skills and strategies for comprehending different types of reading materials and genres.
• Introduce key reading skills, strategies, and concepts
• Reinforce lessons from reading textbooks
• Review the Before, During and After reading process
• Supports the variety of texts students encounter throughout the day
• Reading comprehension
• Words and their meaning
• Content area reading
• Reading skills and strategies reinforcement
• Independent reading preparation
Grades 6 - 8 Handbook focuses on speeches and persuasive real-world writing with key comprehension tools, including note taking, outlining, summarizing, paraphrasing, graphic organizers, cause-effect, diagrams, and double-entry journals.
Grades 9 - 12 Handbook features comprehension tools including paraphrasing, summarizing, plot diagrams, and summary cards.