Overview - SECONDARY INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES -SOCIAL STUDIES INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT MATERIALS BUNDLE
United States History and Government are the focus of this bundle. Materials include texts, reproducibles, activity sheets, and games, all designed with simplified text and abundant illustrations and photos.
Explore American History
- Developed for high school students participating in alternate assessments based on alternate achievement standards
- Student Book
- Consistent format
- Anticipatory set
- History Stories
- Simplified text, with abundant illustrations
- Intended to be read to students
- 9 chronological chapters cover Early Years to A New century
- Biographies and videos give perspective to content; emphasis on use of important social study tools
- Teacher's Manual
- lesson outline for each page of student book
- Big Ideas, Additional Facts, Extension Activities
- DVD contains 7 historical video clips linked to chapters in student book
United State Game and Worksheets
- This board game combines learning state facts with the location of all 50 states
- State facts are taught one at a time in eight different games, allowing students to focus and be successful
- Students receive easy-to-use study guides before playing each of the games
- Game set includes
- Full-color game board
- Teacher's Guide with game prompt pages and reproducible study guide
- Game die and 6 playing pieces
- Binder includes
- 200 pages with 8 lessons
- 160 reproducible activities
- Multiple-choice assessments
Our Nation ÿ15
The Seven Continents
- The people, animals, plants, and history of each continent are presented in concise, accessible text
- Illustrated with full-color photographs and maps
- Reading level 2.0-3.0
- 24 pages per book
- North America
- South America
First Guide to Government, Sets 2 and 3 ÿ
- Introduces federal, state, and local government
- Explores the structure, function, and responsibility of each branch
- Clear, concise texts with vivid photographs, maps, and charts
- Interest level 1-3; developmentally appropriate for 6-8 years
- One concept per spread
- 3-4 sentences per page
- Fonts of 18 points or larger
- 32 pages per book
- Set 2 includes
- What's a City Council?
- What's a Governor?
- What's a Mayor?
- What's the State Judicial Branch?
- What's the State Legislative Branch?
- Set 3 includes
- What Are the Amendments?
- What's the Bill of Rights?
- What's the Declaration of Independence?
- What's the U.S. Constitution?