Overview - MDRN CURR PRESS PLAID PHONICS TG COLOR LVL K
NEW! Teach phonics skills in a fun way.
Modern Curriculum Press Plaid Phonics are colorful books featuring real-life images and cover a range of skills, including blending, decoding, rhyming, short and long vowels, and more. Engaging content provides practice, review, and application of skills, ensures comprehensive coverage, and supports best practices in phonics instruction.
Student Editions – Color (Levels A, B, C, and K):
• Level A includes activities that help students develop spelling, recognize words in context, and use phonics in word-building and personal writing.
• Level B provides emphasis on word analysis, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing.
• Level C students combine phonics skills with vocabulary, comprehension, and critical thinking to develop reading fluency.
• Level K introduces letters and sounds through a 6-page lesson sequence, which includes letter recognition, writing the letter, phonemic awareness, sound-symbol correspondence, and a Picture Dictionary page.
Student Editions – Two Color (Levels D, E, and F):
• Provide continued instruction consistent with Program Levels A, B, C, and K.
• Introduces word-study and reinforces comprehension, thinking, and writing skills
• Integrated with previous levels to make learning meaningful and relevant to the standards set forth
MCP/Phonics/Phonemic Awareness & Phonics Assessment (PAPA) Package:
• PAPA kit
• 20 MCP Phonics Student Editions
• 1 Teacher Resource Guide