Overview - MATH MUNCHERS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY M/W CD
Fun Software with Interactive Math Activities.
Delight students with a trip through the Mata Matica system to explore planets full of math facts with the Muncher. On his quest for knowledge, the Muncher dodges Troggles, with the assistance of Cookie, an intergalactic tourist. Math Munchers for the 21st Century uses engaging animation to drill and challenge students' math skills using standards set by the NCTM.
Student progress is rewarded with entertaining animated vignettes, and high scores are stored in the Math Munchers Hall of Fame. Teacher options allow for individualized play and adaptation. Skills can be activated or deactivated for focused practice. Class and individual progress are tracked throughout the game. The Resource Disk includes extension activity ideas, extended research and standards, and correlations in PDF format. Software is appropriate for use in a lab setting or for individual practice.
• Software and Resource Disks
• Macintosh and Windows
• Teacher's Guide with Detailed Game Play Instructions
• Correlated to Math Standards
In this quick-paced, updated version of the popular Math Munchers Deluxe, students maneuver through the system, practicing three major objectives for Grades K-5:
• Numbers - number identification, number vocabulary, place values, decimals, fractions
• Operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
• Number Functions - patterns, classification, fact families, multiples, factors
Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (PowerPC/Intel)
Reading Level: 1-4
Interest Level: 1-8